Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Bad Blogger

   Yea, that's me. I'm the bad blogger.
   So...I managed to write nearly 130,000 words of the new novel since Memorial Day weekend before writing over 4,000 words of an outline for the revamped version of which I am around 12,000 into...and you know what? I am still dissatisfied with how things are going.
    I am going to go out on a limb here and admit to the world in general that I prefer writing stories with fantastical, magical, supernatural, and paranormal elements because I generally just stink at writing real life, except for Life Skills, but that novel took a years worth of attempts before it finally pleased me enough that I could release it.
    So, when I am not writing on my blog like I should be, it's because I am in manic author mode writing at blistering speed and going nowhere with this new novel but to the Failed Attempts Compost Pile. You'd think with a compost pile as ginormous as the one I've created over decades of writing that it would provide rich, fertile ground for new ideas to spring forth from. Ha!
    "Some days I want to throttle my muse," she muttered darkly, cracking the knuckles of her right hand then reversing her hand position to crack the knuckles of her left hand, her sinister hand. Beware, O Muse! Beware the sinister hand!
     Well, that abut sums up today in a nutshell.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment