Friday, January 25, 2019

Writer's Wall Torn Down

Forget writer's block...I have been suffering Writer's Wall- a total blockade of inspiration. This occasionally happens, so while suffering through the sitting here staring at the blank wall in my brain, I channeled energy into art and created over 50 pen and ink drawings to amuse myself and, hopefully, delight others who view them. I've given something like a hundred (or more) of them away and sold a few.

I have also been having a rough time with tendinitis seemingly everywhere but primarily in my left thumb and left foot across the top of it. And then I was struck by a severe bout of gastritis and spent several days being little more than a ragdoll in a chair, unable to eat or drink much. Finally, both issues seem to be abating and I feel more like my usual old self.

This morning at breakfast I began writing a new ghost story for Valentine's Day. This one began with the phrase, For the Love of Pete. I don't know why that popped into my head at breakfast, but I had all but the last three lines written by the time I glanced at the clock and realized I'd be late for work if I didn't stop writing NOW. The last three lines were sort of in my head as I brushed my teeth and dashed out the door, but they had t wait until after dinner tonight to get written down.

While sick, I proofread Kelly's 2018 NaNo novel The Hawkists while she put the finishing touches on her 2017 NaNo Novel Empathic Touch and got it out into the marketplace first as a Kindle book and most recently as an Amazon print on demand book. When finished with her book, I finally tackled White Bishop Among the Pawns, the third and possibly final novel in the Black King White Queen series that began with Black King Takes White Queen, then continued in Black Knight, White Rook.

I guess I found there was plenty to do when stuck staring at the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment