Thursday, August 9, 2018

Something was Missing Today

A day without rain is like a day full of sunshine!

For the first time in what seems like weeks we had sunshine and no rain! No pop-up thunderstorms. No torrential, brief downpours. No rain with the sun shining. No sweeping gusts of wind and rain from blackened skies.

This evening I turned off the central air for the first time in ages and opened windows t let fresh air indoors!

There is a neighborhood wide 3-day tag sale going n up here n Eastview Heights this weekend. We had one access road into and out of the neighborhood...I'll have to fight my way out through all the earlybird tag salers tomorrow morning so  can get to work! Kelly leaves at 7AM. I leave at 7:40AM. John is working from home.

By 5PM I should be able t make t home all right...I hope!

Meanwhile, manuscript copies of The Worth of a Woman are going to co-workers for beta reading tomorrow. Kind of anxious about how they will react to this one since it is not my usual lightweight stuff with a happy ending. This one does not have a happy ending. There are positive things and changes evident in the epilogue, but it's not a happy ending per se.

Like an onion, you have to peel back the layers. Like a treasure hunt, you have to look for the clues. Like a walk on an unfamiliar rail, you have to watch for the signs. And when you reach the end, you need to think about the beginning.

That's all I'm saying.

Happy Day Without Rain Today!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment