Sunday, February 18, 2018

Out Shortlisted for the Paranormal Book Award 2017!

I received notification via a facebook post from Chanticleer Reviews and International Book Contests that vampire novel Out has been shortlisted for the Paranormal Book Award 2017!

Those of you who have been following my blog know that Black King Takes White Queen was shortlisted for the OZMA Award 2016, another of Chanticleer's contests. I skipped buying the silver Shortlisted stickers for that book, but splurged on them this year as I can put them on both books this year.

I am so excited to rise above the slush pile for the second year in a row! I think Black King Takes White Queen reached the finalist level, but didn't make it to the list of Finalists from which the grand prize winner was chosen. It was just thrilling to be shortlisted for a novel that I'd just written 4 months prior to submitting to the contest without all the revisions and corrections in place.

Out went through four proof versions, and then two revisions once it had its final cover image and font color in place. The novel was written in 2015/2016 but not published until 2017 because I had been working with Archway but then John lost his job and I was discouraged about everything and just put it aside, finally deciding to just self-publish it in July 2017, officially launched in October 2017.

At Articulture 2018 both Black King Takes White Queen and Out should have their silver shortlisted stickers on the covers.

I am doing the happy dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment