Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Camp Nano Not Going Well

I agreed to do Camp NaNo with Kelly this month. I got off to a good start, but then ran into buts of not wanting to do anything but draw cute animals and birds. That seemed to be making me happier than writing. I would write fifteen pages in a burst of productivity and then crash the next day, just wanting to watch westerns on TV and do word search puzzles and not have to think.

I have more than my usual level of anxiety, and quite possibly some mild degree of depression going on. Normally I'm a happy-go-lucky, upbeat person, but since this COVID-19 pandemic erupted I've been feeling frustrated, angry, annoyed, disgusted, and saddened by things going on.

Anyway...I have three books nearly ready to self publish, but little motivation to get things done at resent. I have found some older stories that tweaked my desire to write, but that fizzled out due to stress, I would hazard to guess.

I am over 25,000 words into my Camp Nano novella, but stuck as to the direction this needs to go. Meanwhile, I'm thoroughly enjoying Kelly's Camp Nano project, the prequel to Hawkists. Also I'm reading what all my WhipCity Wordsmiths are posting on our facebook page while we're all practicing social distancing. I'm enjoying the myriad talents and the many genres we all write in. Also, I am enjoying the audio readings by some of my authors. Bravo! They perk up my days!

This evening I was surprised to find someone has ordered a number of my books from Amazon. They are three of my favorites. Two were specifically written for Kelly, and the third is my vampire novel, which is non-traditional, to say the least!

Guess that's it for tonight- off to watch Ghost Hunters! Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment