Monday, March 15, 2021

Dalton Cove Coming Soon!

 Following on the heels of Bolt's Landing and Camden Lake, the third book in the Lakes series, Dalton Cove, grew in another marathon of writing this past weekend after stalling while I did a reading of what I'd written so far to snag loose ends to tie together, and back fill some story, and mention one of the three suspects to all the nefarious deeds going on since this third character had not even been mentioned yet, although he was a note on a legal ad all along. Interestingly enough in the next WhipCity Wordsmiths meeting we'll be touching on rewrites and revisions- the bane of every writer.

I tend to breeze along and just write from out of my head. It's only recently I've trained myself to at least write character names and some vague characteristics down as I go so I don't have to change hair colors or fix names when I'm done writing. I just have to concern myself with everything else!

I'm writing the final fifth of Dalton Cove, shooting for around 125,000 words. I'm in the wrap it all up phase...the finish line coming into view. Looking toward an April publication date- fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment