Sunday, May 20, 2018

Another Week, Another Blur

It seems like it was just Monday, and now here Monday looms again, a mere three hours away.

Work has been so busy that it makes the days run together like wet watercolors. Monday's purples, bleed into Tuesday's reds, that get watered down into Wednesdays blues, swirl into Thursday's oranges, and run into Friday's yellows. The weekend passes in the blink of an eye.

What have I accomplished? I can't answer that. It feels like nothing. I accomplished breathing. That's it.

My brain tells me I must have done more than that. I look around me and see evidence that baking was done, cleaning was completed, laundry was washed, dried, folded and put away. I work all week, I work at home all weekend. I write.

Aha! I wrote. I finally chose a version of a story- Garnet and Quella's story to be exact, that I felt I could work with without having to restart it a twentieth time. It now stands at 55 pages, 28,201 words. Progress is being made.

I really did accomplish something.

Oh, and Kelly came home from her vacation in New Orleans with lots of stories and more pictures. She had a nice time, but her friend's dog died while they were away, which was sad.

Today, I met an artist friend for coffee and croissants and we had an interesting, thought provoking conversation. An hour and a half flew by, and neither of us had been aware that it had rained while we were enjoying ourselves.

It all seems as if only a day has passed, but here I am, about to start another week...I think I need a vacation. Life should not speed by as if I'm on a runaway train barreling down a steep descending track to the little station called End of the Line. I feel like I'm missing something big...

No comments:

Post a Comment