Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Riley and the Plush Falcon

Kelly's soon to be released book, Hawkists, will be coming out later this month. The print proof is due to arrive tomorrow.

In anticipation of a book signing event, I went online and found a small, realistic plush falcon, the closest real looking bird I could find to a hawk, nd ordered it as a prop for the event. It arrived yesterday and it realistic enough from a distance despite it being a plush toy (Hansa makes these remarkably realistic, expensive, plush toys).

I had it in the kitchen last night to clip the booklet attached to it off it's body. Riley Beans jumped up into his chair to see what I was doing. I showed him the falcon. Cats by nature are curious. He was not afraid of it, but rather he pushed his nose against its beak several times. Kelly snapped a picture of him 'kissing' the falcon with my cellphone. I set the toy bird on the table and he lay in his chair gazing up at it.

Riley has a new friend- the falcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment