Thursday, May 16, 2019

Spent Some Time Being a Twit-Wit Tonight

I tend to ignore the fact I have a Twitter account. I'm not saying who ruined Twitter for me but it all became pretty much a farce and I just wanted to distance myself from the bad taste certain tweets left. But, I was reminded that people Tweet daily and follow certain people, and I have followers n Twitter that have probably been wondering what cave I've crawled into. Tonight I posted some artwork and updates about books on Twitter, biting the bullet, biting my tongue and getting back into the game.

I also spent an hour listing some new art prints in my etsy store, BicycleCityArtworks. I added some birds, cats, and dogs. Currently I have 50 art prints offered and will be adding more as time allows. (I love how I can go into work and step into one medical assistant's room and view all my artwork thumbtacked to the walls. She has an entire art gallery in her small work space. I, meanwhile, have one print (currently the little black bear cub) at my desk. I change the art at my desk every couple of weeks.

I haven't given up on writing, I just needed to catch up on things and get these aspects of my life back on track. I'm also preparing for a busy weekend with the Poetry and Images awards (my Raucous Raven pen & ink drawing inspired three poems) on Saturday at 1PM at Blue Umbrella Books downtown (during a weekend full of downtown activity as Westfield, my hometown, celebrates its 350th anniversary (founded in 1669). There is a WhipCity Wordsmiths meeting at 3PM at the same location despite all the other stuff going on and the fact there will be altered traffic patterns and tremendous difficulty finding a place to park!

Meanwhile, I'm having an RA flare that's pretty bad...stiffness, joint pain, balance issues, tendon pain, and overwhelming fatigue...but, as usual, I keep going. I will not let this subdue me!

Oh! And today we had ZERO rain!!! The sun shone! The sky was blue! It was warm out- just like I remembered spring being! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment