Thursday, October 11, 2018

PumpkinFest 2018

This year for PumpkinFest I will be throwing my hat into not only the author ring again, but into the artist ring as well with the first offering of my pen & ink realistic black squirrel renderings, matted and ready for framing. The prints are 5x7 matted for 8x10 framing. I haven't set a price point yet but am thinking $10 would be fair for all the work I've put into drawing the originals, printing the art, cutting to size, attaching to the mat, applying the backing, packaging them with a business card and sealing with a custom sticker. I will ask $30 for the original pen and ink drawings, framed.

Among the black squirrels, which are abundant here in Westfield and rather iconic for this city, I have included about a half dozen pen and ink prints of Kip, the fox kit from my new book, The Worth of a Woman. Kip is a pivot point in the novel, but I'm not going to reveal plot points here.

I've been writing and drawing my entire life, concentrating more on writing in the past 18 years than art. I began drawing in pen and ink in 1974 after an art class at Westfield High during which we drew in pen and ink. It became a passion of mine. My dorm walls were covered in my pen and ink drawings in 1976 and 1977. Now I've taken up drawing again to relax. And I'm still writing.

PumpkinFest will feature 30 artists and three authors. Two authors are also artists. Rhonda Boulette whose beautiful Bear Paw Ridge books will be on offer also paints on household and garden items, repurposing them. She's wonderful, her art cheerful, warm, and mischievous at times.

Looking forward to Saturday and the debut of the BicycleCity Black Squirrels. I'll also have a number of books, some of them giveaways while they last, a black squirrel & pumpkin coloring page for kids, information on the WhipCity Wordsmiths and information on upcoming events at which I will be appearing. It's going to be a busy autumn season!

No comments:

Post a Comment