Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

It's been a busy week working, finishing up Christmas shopping, doing three requested special pen & ink drawings friends wanted to give as Christmas gifts, writing, and attending fellow author's events to show my support of their work.

Oh, and did I mention I was interviewed for the Springfield newspaper, The Republican, in regards to my black squirrel pen & ink drawings? I responded to the interviewers questions on Wednesday, and she caught up with whirlwind me on Sunday at Blue Umbrella to take some photos. Don't know if it'll turn into anything- she said it's all dependent upon her editor and what he's looking for.

I worked this morning, came home, grabbed something to eat, then took off with Kelly, dropping her off at her house so she could paint another coat on the walls of her future den/library/office while I ran off to buy one last gift. When I returned I hung up a few more holiday decorations in her house, then cleaned the windows of her dining room hutch and wiped down her range top while waiting for her to finish up her painting.

Home tonight with John, Kelly, and the cats. We put the gifts out under the tree, filled the stockings and watched The Muppets' Christmas Carol, a holiday tradition. Got some awesome pictures of Riley Beans who rarely sits still.

Now I'm laying out a holiday gift that will be late, but I hope will have special meaning for the recipient. It'll be a lot of work, but worth it if it comes out the way I hope it will!

Tomorrow is Christmas! I'm wishing you a very Merry and Magical Christmas! The dusting of snow this morning was a perfect mood setter, but it warmed up to 40-plus degrees by afternoon. It doesn't matter what the weather is tomorrow- it will be a perfect and peaceful day at home with family and cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment