Monday, January 29, 2018

I'm Popular with Medical Secretaries & Receptionists

I work in a medical building. Occasionally I'll take an armful of books upstairs to the ENT doctor's office when I go up for my allergy injections. I also bring books to the woman in the lab drawing station. My coworkers get books, too, in the office that I work in. I also give the receptionists at my rheumatologist's office books, and occasionally leave one for the girls in the lab there.

I last delivered a bunch of holiday books to the ENT office in November, I guess it was since t wasn't last month. I went upstairs for my shots this afternoon and was checking in when the check-in receptionist leaned over and said, "I'm reading your holiday book (Always Christmas in My Heart)! I'm enjoying it." Then from the far corner a woman I'm not familiar with came running to tell me she really liked the story with the camel (Bruce). The girl checking me in has also read my stories as have the medical assistants. I felt like a celebrity today, albeit a local one. It made me feel good to know they're reading my stories and enjoying them. Positive feedback is always a good thing!

They also mentioned they don't know when I find time to write. Writing is my hobby and I make time for it every day...even if it's just a couple of paragraphs. Nothing gets done if you don't put the time and effort into doing it.

Well...you don't have to be a medical secretary, receptionist or medical assistant to read my books. I don't put much from tat world into my books because that's my day job. I do put a lot of imagination into my stories, creating worlds and people with flaws and foibles who work through their problems even when discouraged and feeling defeated by life.

And I write ghost stories and Christmas stories in between all that.

Feeling happy today because I've made other people happy with my writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment