Monday, April 9, 2018

Yea, It's NOT Pneumonia!

I felt lousy all weekend with shortness of breath and a tight sensation in my chest, and a wet, cough- so I went to work this morning, booked an appointment and was seen...the good news is I don't have pneumonia, which is something I'm always afraid of with my compromised immune system and all my allergies and asthma issues. The bad news is that this nasty super virus can hang around for 3-4 WEEKS before the body kicks the squatter germs out once and for all. (Here I heave a huge sigh.)

As I posted on facebook the other night- I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

This virus literally knocks the legs right out from under you. Although I haven't felt horribly sick, the constant having to blow my nose and cough up junk has me worn out...so worn out that my legs have actually felt fatigued. Sheesh! Despite the RA and chronic tendinitis in my right foot I spend most of my work day running around the office delivery paperwork to folders, faxing paperwork back, running to refer to charts at the opposite end of the building, chasing down providers for signatures, jumping up and going to talk to people who appear at the window despite their knowing there isn't a receptionist on the side of the office where I work. I can't ignore them and their questions. I run all day long...and then stagger up the deck stairs when I get home on wobbly legs. "Out! Out, damn virus!" I cry.

I am nearly finished writing the so-not-like-me nearly novel-length story that this virus is forcing out of me. Don't know if it'll ever get published or not. It's outside of my comfort zone by several thousand miles.

All I can say is- I'm doing the happy dance that this is NOT pneumonia, just a crappy butt-kicking virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment