Thursday, September 27, 2018

New Book Available & Art

The Worth of a Woman is available on Amazon.

I am still not happy with Memento Mori: Garnet & Quella, so am rereading all the various versions and gleaning the good parts from each one. When finished, I'll attempt the first n this new ghost series once again. I know what I want to do, but it all hasn't clicked together yet.

NaNoWriMo is coming up during the month of November. I plan on writing the third in the Romney & Ivy series that began with Black King Takes White Queen, then continued in Black Knight, White Rook. I've started this novel twice, so will dig out those two beginnings and decide where their story goes next before the start of NaNo on the 1st of November.

In the meantime, I am doing a bunch of pen & ink black squirrel drawings for PumpkinFest here in Westfield. I'll have a table on Elm Street with some copies of The Clockmaker's Son and The Hanging Man and Other Stories, plus a number of 5x7 drawings. In 2000 I drew the original silhouette that was on all the trademarked The Black Squirrel merchandise sold atConner's Inc on Elm Street (currently the site of Rosewood. I did some pen & ink renderings of black squirrels back then, then didn't do any drawing to speak of for 18 years. It's been fun and relaxing to get out the dip pens and ink bottles and draw squirrels again.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out if I like KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing). CreateSpace is no more. They have fewer book cover styles to choose from. It's a little more expensive. Books go right to Amazon and Kindle with no extra steps, but shipping is way more expensive, and copies a bit more expensive. I might have to look into another way of publishing in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment