Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Playboy

I know this guy who is probably in his early 70's. He's athletic and has kept himself well over the years and he's good looking. He's been married several times but is not married now. He's a casual acquaintance but he likes to share stories and pictures of his adventures in the, well...what do we want to call this?...senior dating scene? May-December conquests? I'm not really sure. Let's just say that his days are spent in the pursuit of pretty ladies he might get lucky with. He likes to travel. He is currently entertaining himself chatting with Russian girls on senior dating sites. He knows all they're interested in is his money, finding a rich sugar daddy but he enjoys the flirting. It seems to be his main hobby these days, although he has a Jamaican young lady who works at a resort as a companion also. He bought her a nice bracelet for Christmas. I keep telling him that one day I'm going to write a book about his exploits, but in reality I might turn him into a fictional character one day, one that has some of his attributes but not enough to make him recognizable to anyone who might know him and read the book he'll waltz into. He is the first true playboy I have met in my lifetime.
   An author needs to meet all sorts of people so that when we create a character we can make them vibrant and realistic. I'm grateful for the variety of people who pass through my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment