Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Dizzies

Today was a terrible day- I had the dizzies- big time! I woke up feeling off balance at 5:30AM, but jumped in the shower and hit the road for a 7:45AM appointment in Springfield. Got there, but when I got out of the car I felt like I'd just bailed out of a ship on a stormy sea!

By the time I got to work an hour later I was reeling like a drunken sailor! My recent RA flare did something to my head and I have been off balance for a week now, but today, driving should not have been on my able to do activity!

I was prescribed a prednisone dose pack so have to venture out again at lunchtime to pick that up at the pharmacy. Again, I should not have been driving around because it gave me motion sickness, and when I got back to work I just wanted to fall on the floor and wish the room would stop swaying. The floor felt as if I was walking on a rope bridge across a mighty canyon!

I took the first dose of prednisone and three hours later I was feeling somewhat better. I managed to drive home at 5 o'clock and not feel as if I was going to be sick or fall over in the driveway (just a four mile trip home, but the pharmacy trip had been less than that at lunch time and it nearly did me in...so definitely a big improvement with the medication!)

I do not like feeling dizzy!

I did get yelled at by my husband for driving myself around when I was having issues with balance and dizziness- as if he was going to roll out of bed at 5:30AM to drive me to my appointment and then to work, and then go get my medication and then pick me up at work! I've got to do what I've got to do.

I used caution. I wasn't driving all over the road. I parked away from other cars. And now I'm taking my medication and doing somewhat better. We'll see what tomorrow brings- hopefully it won't be a spinner day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment