Saturday, January 16, 2016

Mongrel Fiction and the Rescue Bookstore

I was putting together some stories for Miss Peculiar's Haunting Tales, Volume IV and a future volume of sweet and sometimes quirky little romance stories when it occurred to me that I write literary fiction that is rather genre defiant in that it really doesn't fit in any specific genre. I write mongrel fiction as it is a blend of genres, not purebred Romance, Sci-Fi, Paranormal, etc.

I should open a little corner bookshop and call it Rescue Books. People could come in and for a small fee, under $20, adopt one of my books and carry it home to love and cherish. They could tell all their friends that they own a rescue book, and maybe they'll go back and adopt another rescue book to keep the one they already own company on the bookshelf.

The world is full of people who do good deeds. My good deed is entertaining people.

No comments:

Post a Comment