Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A Sincere Thank You

I just want to take a moment from my life here (where I am developing a new novel) to say thank you to those of you who have read my books and have posted ratings, reviews and feedback on Amazon.com and Goodreads, or who have contacted me through my two blogs or via email. I truly appreciate hearing from readers.

I am a firm believer in feedback- positive, negative or neutral. A writer needs to contact like this with their readers in order to continue to grow and develop their skills. If something is not quite right I will work harder, but I don't know if something isn't working if no one tells me so. I also like to hear positive things about my work. I don't actually view writing as work because the ability to tell  a story comes so naturally to me it doesn't feel like work, however it is work to physically sit down and write the story, proofread it, edit it and make a book from all of that. It takes a lot of time to put the polish on a rough draft and make it shine like a gem in the literary world where there are so many other writers who sparkle and shine.

I appreciate your taking the time to rate and review my books.  I appreciate your comments on my blog sites, your emails and the cards and letters I get in the mail.

You keep me grounded and focused on what I am doing-which is entertaining you from the vast and varied panoramas inside my head, bringing these worlds and the people who inhabit them alive in print. Without readers all these words I write would only serve to be self-entertaining and that's not why I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment