Friday, July 24, 2015

Launch Week

This has been a stressful week as I've put a number of titles out there in the marketplace. Just when you think everything is as perfect as it can be, you go back and read the book one more time, and find additional errors. I don't know if this is me or the process of converting the files...it is rather frustrating to think I've read these books a five or six times and thought I had fixed all the typos and such...I am beginning to think there is no such thing as perfect!

I will be pulling The Archetypes soon to make revisions. It shouldn't take long to remedy the errors I'm finding. The big issue was one awkward transition near the end that could cause some confusion, just before someone shoots Amanda. Have to clarify that it is a different day after she reveals the contents of the letter to Beans.

Kelly has been proofreading the stories I've chosen to be included in Miss Peculiar's Haunting Tales, Volume III. These stories have been sitting on the dining room table for a month and a half because they were meant for volume II but the three novellas ended up in that book. I am picking and choosing, trying to put together the best of them.

I was also up late one night trying to work out the best arrangement for the three volumes of Christmas stories I want to do. I  made a list and was surprised that I have 24 holiday stories that I've written since 1999 when I started writing an annual Christmas story for family and friends. I missed a year or two after my mother died in 2000. But some years I've written more than one. I need to balance the books- some stories are poignant, some amusing, some inspirational. So I have too lists going- type of story and word count because they range from short story to novelette to novella. I'll figure it out and work on it while Kelly is in Portugal for two weeks on vacation with her friend Bethany and Bethany's mother Isabel.  It will be strange for me not to have my assistant home to help and offer her advice, but it's going to take a lot of time to work out the best arrangement for the stories in each volume.  She'd most likely get bored with the process. I think I will write the title and word count on index cards and then use the cards to list the contents of each book. I can maneuver the cards around easily.

Today is my best friend Darlene's birthday. I made her pink cupcakes with pale spring green frosting. I found this decorating gel at the store last night that is clear with colored dots in it. Kelly put a bling dot on top of each cupcake in the center- look like jewels! I made a few flowers on others with the dewdrop center, pink petals and yellow inside the petals. Happy Birthday, Darlene Gogal!!

Weekend coming! Enjoy! Weather here in western MA is gorgeous right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment