Thursday, October 15, 2015

Addictive Fiction

I apparently write addictive prose/fiction.  Yet another person told me today that he could not put my books down once he started reading them- and he's a retired MD.  I hear this from everyone who reads my books, and though I hate to admit it, I have the same problem. I can't put my own books down once I begin reading them.  I have a proof copy of Talon: A Sense if Familiarity that I have been reading. I picked it up during a commercial break during Sleepy Hollow tonight, and had trouble putting it down when the show resumed. I had trouble putting it down again because I had just reached the part where the evil MD from the first book attempts to murder Bryce in the ladies room of the Winslow Hotel by slashing her throat.

I don't know what it is about what I write...it's like rollercoaster fiction. There are highs and lows and you never know what's coming along the track next, maybe a curve that you never saw coming that throws you for a loop... I have no idea. Like I have said before, I just take dictation direct from my muse. I don't even know what's coming, and sometimes I really don't know what's happened until I go back and read it...and then I can't put it down!

My brother had Miss Peculiar's Haunting Tales, Volume III with him at the ER the other night. He'd taken our sister who was having an allergic reaction to a bee sting to be treated. He couldn't put the book down.

I feel like I am in an episode of The Twilight Zone- the author who addicted her readers to her books, drawing them in and not letting them go!

Kind of spooky, if you ask me.


No comments:

Post a Comment