Friday, April 7, 2017

Not An OZMA Finalist

Well, they posted the OZMA AWARDS finalist list and my novel Black King Takes WHite Quen was not among the finalists, however, I am not disappointed. I am honored and pleased that it was shortlisted in this contest. The novel was written in less than a month (June 2016) for my daughter for her birthday, self-published two days before her June 26th birthday. It had not reached its final proofreading/editing stage when I spontaneously submitted it to the award contest at the end of October 2016. For a basically unpolished novel to reach the shortlist is impressive, and kind of blew me out of the water. If my raw material can be shortlisted...well, I am submitting the polished novel to the Writer's Digest Self Published Book Awards next. It's been through two revisions since submitting to the OZMA book Awards. We'll see what happens this time.

Meanwhile, the third in the series is percolating in my brain-have a stunning opener in mind as chaos erupts right from the very start...

No comments:

Post a Comment